John Lewis Foreign Currency offers American Express Traveller’s Cheques in:
- US Dollars
- Canadian Dollars
- Australian Dollars
- Japanese Yen
They’re available to order online for UK Delivery or you can Click & collect from selected John Lewis or Waitrose shops.
Alternatively, you can buy selected currencies in selected John Lewis shops at one of our Bureau de change desks.
Why choose traveller’s cheques?
American Express Traveller’s Cheques are recognised around the world.
- Travel with confidence: Sign your cheques as soon as you get them and if they’re lost or stolen, they can be replaced.*
- Widely accepted: Traveller’s cheques can be exchanged at thousands of banks and foreign exchange locations around the world, or use them as a safer alternative to cash in thousands of shops, restaurants and hotels.
- No expiry date: If you don’t date your cheques they never expire, so you can save them for the next time you travel.
Using traveller’s cheques
- Sign your cheques as soon as you get them to ensure you’re covered if they’re lost or stolen.
- Make a note of the serial numbers on the top right-hand corners. Take your list with you when you travel and keep it in a safe place separate from your cheques.
- Keep your traveller’s cheques safe wherever you go.
- To pay with your cheques or exchange them, sign them again in the bottom left-hand corner in front of the acceptor.
For more information about ordering and using traveller’s cheques, see our FAQs.
What to do if your traveller’s cheques are lost or stolen
- Have your serial numbers to hand.
- Notify American Express. You can call them wherever you are in the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Pick up a refund from an American Express Travel Services Office or one of thousands of partner locations around the world.
* Terms & conditions and restrictions apply. Identification and proof of purchase required.